On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Queensland Part I
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- 22:00 - The River Cottage Treatment - The River Cottage Treatment
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 30 min
A smokin' salad with Mediterranean flavours of garlic, parsley and pomegranate is bound to bring oomph to your picnic or barbecue table
Method1. Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the aubergine on a baking sheet and roast, turning occasionally, for about 1 hour 30 minutes or until the skin is blackened and the aubergine seems to have deflated a little. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop the onion, parsley and garlic and place in a large bowl. When the aubergine is cool enough to handle, peel it and discard the blackened skin. Chop the flesh finely and add it to the bowl, stirring to combine evenly. Then add the olive oil and pomegranate molasses (or lemon juice) and stir again. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. If using cherry tomatoes, halve them, if using larger tomatoes, chop them roughly. Stir them carefully into the chopped aubergine mixture and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, a little onion and parsley if desired. Serve at room temperature with Mediterranean bread such as pidé, ciabatta or focaccia.