On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 15 min
James Martin's treacle tart is wonderfully sticky and moreish - great for feeding a crowd
Method1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2. Butter a 35cm quiche dish.
2. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface. Using the dish as a template, cut out a disc of pastry. Place the disc in the bottom of the dish and prick with a fork.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 140°C/gas 1.
4. Pour the golden syrup into a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds until warm.
5. In a bowl, mix together the lemon zest and juice, and the warmed golden syrup. Stir in the eggs and the breadcrumbs, mixing well.
6. Spoon the mixture into the dish. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
8. Serve warm with clotted cream.