On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Continental Breads
- 20:30 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Sourdough
- 21:00 - Mary Berry at Home - Mary Berry At Home (1): Ep 3
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
For a delicious treat try Alan Coxon's recipe for a flavourful savoury tart made from home-made buttermilk pastry
Method1. First make the buttermilk pastry. Sift the flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the Parmesan cheese and make a well in the centre.
3. Add the buttermilk, salt and oil and mix lightly, bringing together to form a dough.
4. Press the pastry evenly into the base and sides of a well-greased 10 x 30cm tin, making sure the dough is thinner in the corners. Trim the edges neatly.
5. Refrigerate the pastry case while preparing the filling. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
6. Mix together the thyme and honey and mix with the sliced red onion. Place in the pastry case.
7. Layer over the courgettes, then the goats' cheese.
8. Beat together the cream and eggs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Pour the cream mixture over the goats' cheese and sprinkle over the Parmesan.
9. Bake the tart for 35 minutes until the filling is set and the pastry is golden brown.
10. Serve warm from the oven with a fresh herb salad.
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced and blanched for 20 seconds
- 6 x 1cm-thick slices of log goats' cheese
- 150 ml single cream
- 2 eggs
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- herb salad, to serve
For the buttermilk pastry: