On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Posh Nosh
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Street Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Finale
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 24 hrs marinating
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
- makes 5x450g jars
Serve Sophie Grigson's deliciously flavourful carrot chutney as a tasty relish with cold meats and cheese
Method1. In a large bowl, mix together the grated carrot, ginger, cider vinegar, chillies, coriander seeds, cinnamon sticks, star anise and salt.
2. Cover the bowl with a clean tea-towel and set aside to marinate for 24 hours.
3. Pour the marinated carrot mixture into a large preserving pan. Add the garlic cloves and the water.
4. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the sugar, bring back to the boil and boil hard for 45 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and jammy.
6. Take off the heat and ladle at once into hot sterilized jars with tightly fitting lids. Cover and set aside until serving.