On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Enjoy a taste of game with Gennaro Contaldo's flavourful recipe for pan-cooked pigeon flavoured with garlic and herbs
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cut along the pigeon's breast bone and flatten it spatchcock-style. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a lidded, heavy-based frying pan. Add the pigeon and fry until browned on both sides.
3. Top the pigeon with the rosemary, lemon thyme, chilli and garlic. Cover the pan and cook for around 30 minutes.
4. Remove the pigeon, keeping warm, and add the red wine, stirring with a spatula to deglaze the pan.
5. Pour the pan juices over the pigeon and serve at once.