On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Chicken Tikka Masala
- 20:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Hamburger
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Spain - Rick Stein's Spain (HD), 4
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Enjoy a taste of game with Gennaro Contaldo's flavourful recipe for pan-cooked pigeon flavoured with garlic and herbs
Method1. Cut along the pigeon's breast bone and flatten it spatchcock-style. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a lidded, heavy-based frying pan. Add the pigeon and fry until browned on both sides.
3. Top the pigeon with the rosemary, lemon thyme, chilli and garlic. Cover the pan and cook for around 30 minutes.
4. Remove the pigeon, keeping warm, and add the red wine, stirring with a spatula to deglaze the pan.
5. Pour the pan juices over the pigeon and serve at once.