On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off Masterclass - Great British Bake Off: The Masterclass
- 22:00 - The Great British Bake Off Masterclass - Great British Bake Off: The Masterclass
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 10 mins
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 15 min
Enjoy a tasty tuna fish pie with Lesley Waters's Spanish-inspired recipe
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
2. On a floured surface, roll out half the pastry into a rectangle approx. 30 x 20cm. Place on a baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. Prick the pastry rectangle all over with a fork and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool.
4. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the onion and gently fry for 20 minutes until softened.
5. Increase the heat, add the garlic, and fry quickly until the onions turn golden brown. Spoon into a large bowl and allow to cool.
6. In a large bowl, mix together the sun-dried tomato paste, flaked tuna, crème fraiche and grated Cheddar and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Pile the tuna mixture onto the cooled pastry base and spread evenly, top with cooked onions and basil leaves, leaving 1cm clear round the edge. Brush the edge with beaten egg.
8. Roll the remaining pastry into a rectangle large enough to cover the tuna mixture and base. Place the pastry over the tuna filling, pressing the edges to seal it well and cut off any raggedy edges. Brush the tuna pie all over with beaten egg.
9. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot, cold or warm with a crisp green salad.