On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
Submitted by: SorinN88946
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 10 min
For a homely pasta dish try Gennaro Contaldo's baked pasta shells, stuffed with ricotta and cooked in tomato sauce
- 16 conchiglioni rigati (large pasta shells)
- 3 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 1 balls mozzarella, sliced
For the tomato sauce:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 800 g canned chopped tomatoes
- handful of leaves basil
- black pepper
For the filling:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First make the tomato sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan, add the garlic and sweat until softened.
2. Add the tomatoes and basil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and simmer gently for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the pasta shells and cook until al dente. Drain well, making sure the shells are empty of water, and set aside to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
5. To make the filling, mash the ricotta with a fork in a mixing bowl. Mix in the diced mozzarella and Parmesan. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
6. Shape the ricotta mixture into 16 balls. Wrap each ball in a basil leaf and place a ricotta ball into each of the cooked pasta shells.
7. Pour a layer of the tomato sauce over the bottom of an ovenproof dish and place the filled shells on top.
8. Pour over the remaining tomato sauce, sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and top with the sliced mozzarella.
9. Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for 5 minutes. Serve at once.