On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas
Submitted by: gregG3733
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
A fantastic chocolate brownie recipe from top chef James Martin; use this easy recipe to make irresistable, tasty, rich, fudgy, chocolate brownies.
Method1. Heat the oven to 170°C/gas 3. Lightly grease a 22cm square cake tin.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
4. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
5. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture and stir to mix. Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
6. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 35 minutes until the surface is set. It is cooked when it just starts to crack on the top. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
7. Slice the cake into squares and store in a tin or in a container in the fridge.
- oil, for greasing
- 350 g dark chocolate, broken in small pieces
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 250 g dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Tips and suggestions
- If your children find these brownies too rich, substitute half the dark chocolate for milk chocolate.
Looking for more brownie recipes? Take a look at our top 10 chocolate brownies.