On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Arizona
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Boston
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Massachusetts
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus soaking
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Serve up a stylish fish dish with Lesley Waters's recipe for saffron-flavoured salmon and cod on roast vegetables
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6.
2. Soak the saffron in a bowl with the boiling water and set aside.
3. In a large roasting tin, combine the red onion, peppers and potatoes. Drizzle over the olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
4. Roast the vegetables for approximately 45 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked and slightly charred.
5. Meanwhile, combine the soaking saffron with the parsley, olive oil and freshly ground pepper.
6. Place the fish in a shallow dish, pour over the marinade, cover and chill until required.
7. When the vegetables are cooked, add the tomatoes to the roasting tin and roast for a further 5 minutes.
8. Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Place the marinated fish on top of the roast vegetables, sprinkle over the rock salt and grill for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
9. To serve, divide the vegetables between four large serving plates. Top each portion with a piece of salmon and a piece of cod and serve with lemon wedges and salad.
- 450 g thick cod fillets, skinned and cut into 4 chunks
- 450 g thick salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into thick slices
- 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded, with each half cut into 3
- 450 g new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 250 g plum tomatoes
For the marinade:
- 1 tsp strands saffron
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 4 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges