On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 3
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Simple to make and delicious to eat, James Martin's ginger and rhubarb crumble will be an all-time favourite
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the rhubarb chunks on a shallow roasting pan, sprinkle with the water and caster sugar and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the stem ginger.
2. Reduce the oven temperature to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Tip the rhubarb mixture into a baking dish about 4cm deep.
3. For the crumble: combine the butter, demerara sugar and flour in a bowl. Rub with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the rhubarb and bake for 10 minutes, until golden.
4. Allow to cool slightly before serving with ice cream or double cream.