On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
For a delicious British dessert try Janet Brinkworth's recipe for a rich, custard-topped baked rhubarb tart
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC/gas 2.
2. Make a syrup by mixing together the water and 100g sugar in a saucepan and heating it, stirring now and then, until the sugar dissolves.
3. Bring the syrup to the boil, add the rhubarb and cook it for three minutes in the syrup. Set aside to cool.
4. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining caster sugar. Whisk until light and fluffy and trebled in volume.
5. Fold in the cream and the lemon zest and season with nutmeg.
6. Strain the rhubarb and spread it the base of the blind-baked short-crust pastry case.
7. Pat down the rhubarb and then pour over the custard.
8. Dust the rhubarb flan with icing sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
9. Serve with cream or crème fraiche.