By: From: James Martin: Sweet
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus sterilizing jars
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes about 1kg
Delicious with thickly buttered fresh scones, James Martin's fruit-packed jam couldn't be easier to make
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. To sterilize jam jars, place them in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer briskly for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the water with tongs and place upside down on a clean surface to dry.
2. Put the sugar, lemon zest and juice in a preserving pan or large heavy-based saucepan. Heat slowly until the sugar has melted.
3. Add the strawberries and stir gently. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes, or 10 minutes if you prefer a thicker jam.
4. Skim off any froth. Leave to cool slightly.
5. Spoon into sterile jars, seal and label.