On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat with the Most
- 20:30 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Delicious and Historical
- 21:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat is Still Awesome
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes about 20
For a tea time treat that everyone will love, rustle up a batch of James Martin's scrumptious scones
Method1. Preheat the oven to 230C/210C fan/gas 8.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar together in a bowl. Sift again to ensure the baking power is well mixed.
3. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs and enough milk to give a fairly soft dough.
5. Mix in the sultanas.
6. Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out lightly to a thickness of about 2cm. Cut into rounds with a 5cm cutter.
7. Place the rounds on a baking sheet. Liberally brush with beaten egg, making sure the egg wash doesn't spill over the edges (this will prevent cooking).
8. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until brown and well risen.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.