On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Donut Showdown - Vegas
- 20:30 - Donut Showdown - Zombies
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Beast, Crazyweed Kitchen, Beer Revolution
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus standing time
- Cook time:
- 3 min
The jewel-like colours of luxurious cold-smoked fish make this a wonderfully pretty yet very simple dinner party starter
Method1. Remove the smoked fish from its packaging and leave to stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a dry frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the blanched almonds and toast for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Remove to a heatproof dish to cool.
3. Rinse the segment of preserved lemon thoroughly under cold running water, peeling away the flesh and discarding it. Dry the remaining rind, then place on a chopping board and slice it very finely into strips.
4. Place the salad leaves in a bowl and add the preserved lemon strips and the toasted almonds (halved or chopped if desired). Toss well and set aside.
5. Arrange the slices of smoked fish on serving plates, in alternating colours if you are using a mixture of fish. Add the olive oil and lemon juice to the salad, season generously with black pepper and toss. Arrange the salad on the serving plates and take to the table.