On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - South Wales
- 21:00 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Street Food
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
This colourful dish, served with grilled chevre, makes a sensational vegetarian starter
Method1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8. Layer the sliced vegetables on a roasting tray. Add the garlic. Drizzle over 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and toss together.
2. Roast the vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
3. Layer the roast vegetables in 6 ramekins, alternating the varieties and colours to produce a mille-feuille effect. Cover each ramekin with cling film, top with a weight and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
4. To serve, turn out each ramekin upside down onto a serving dish. Make sure you scoop out all the juices. Dress with a dressing made from the balsamic vinegar and the remaining olive oil.
5. Grill the chevre slices until they just start to brown. Sit one on top of each millefeuille like a hat.
6. Garnish each dish with watercress sprigs and serve.
- 1 aubergine
- 2 onions, cut into 3-4mm thick slices
- 2 large flat mushrooms, cut into 3-4 mm thick slices
- 1 red pepper, cut into 3-4mm thick slices
- 1 courgette, cut across into 3-4mm thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly crushed
- 12 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 slices of goats' cheese, each 10mm thick
- bunch of watercress, picked into sprigs