From: Just For Starters
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus cooling time
- Cook time:
- 45 min
For a real treat try Betty Brown's gloriously indulgent dessert, a delicious combination of meringue, lemon curd and whipped cream!
Tips and suggestions
- Eat with...
- Chocolate Tart with Chocolate Sorbet
- 5 egg whites
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- icing sugar, for sprinkling
- 300 ml double cream
- 4-5 tbsp lemon curd
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 140°C/gas 1. Grease and line a 33 x 23cm Swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
2. Whisk the egg whites until doubled in bulk. Add a tablespoon of sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually mix in half the remaining caster sugar, whisking until stiff and shiny.
4. Fold in the remaining sugar and cornflour and spread the mixture evenly in the lined Swiss roll tin.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes, remove and cool uncovered.
6. Turn the tin over onto a large sheet of baking parchment, sprinkled liberally with icing sugar. Peel the paper from the meringue base.
7. Whip the cream until soft peaks form and spread evenly over the meringue, followed by the lemon curd.
8. Roll up from the short end forming a Swiss roll. Dust with icing sugar and serve.