On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Germany
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Born and Bred
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Chilli con Carne
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 2 hrs chilling
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs
For a simply scrumptious pudding, popular with all the family, try Alan Ledgeway's version of a much-loved dessert
Method1. In a large pan of water, boil the unopened can of condensed milk for 2 hours, caramalising the contents of the tin. Take care not to let the water boil dry, topping up with boiling water as required.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the crushed digestives and melted butter. Line a 18cm flan tin or 6 small tartlet tins with foil. Spread the biscuit mixture evenly over the tin. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
3. Slice the bananas finely and layer over the biscuit base. Top the bananas with the caramelised condensed milk.
4. Whip the cream and spread over the caramel mixture.
5. Sprinkle the grated chocolate over the top of the cream. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours until serving.