On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Corsica and Sardinia
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Washington DC and Maryland
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Sophie Grigson's lip-smacking lime curd is the tops on toast and makes a fabulous filling for all manner of things
Method1. Put the zest, juice, sugar and butter into a bowl and set the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure that the base of the bowl does not touch the water.
2. Stir until the butter and sugar have dissolved. Beat the eggs together lightly, and sieve into the lime mixture. Stir continuously, until the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon; the curd will thicken further on cooling.
3. Pour into a clean bowl and leave to cool. Store in sterilised screw top jars in the refrigerator.