On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 2 hrs rising
- Cook time:
- 30 min
- Makes 1 loaf
Celebrate Easter this year with Paul Hollywood's version of a traditional Greek treat - a fragrant loaf decorated with dyed eggs
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a mixing bowl place the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, salt, yeast, water, milk, orange zest, mahleb, mastic and cinnamon. Mix together well and form into a dough.
2. Knead for four minutes on a lightly flowered surface.
3. Return dough to bowl and leave to rise for 1 hour
4. Add the sultanas to the dough and divide dough into 3 equal parts.
5. Form the three dough portions into three 'strands' and plait together to form a 3 strand plait-shaped loaf.
6. Brush with beaten egg, place on a lined baking sheet and set aside to rise for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
8. Place the red-dyed eggs evenly down the centre of the plait, pressing their bases into the dough.
9. Bake the loaf for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire rack.