On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up
- 20:30 - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up
- 21:00 - Food and Drink - Jun Tanaka - Street Food
- Prep time:
- 45 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 35 min
Tamasin Day Lewis's steamy lemony pudding is real rib-sticking comfort food
Method1. Fold a pleat into a double layer of greaseproof paper or foil, large enough to cover a 1.3-litre pudding basin.
2. Lightly grease the basin and the underside of the covering.
3. Bring a kettle of water to the boil.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl.
5. Cream the sugar and butter thoroughly until smooth and fluffy, then beat in the eggs.
6. Add the lemon zest and juice, then sprinkle with the flour and baking powder. Beat again until mixed.
7. Add a bit of milk to slacken the mixture to a dropping consistency, but don't let it become sloppy.
8. Scrape the lemon curd from the jar into the bottom of the pudding basin. Spoon the pudding mixture over the curd.
9. Cover the basin tightly with the paper or foil, to prevent steam escaping. Secure with string under the rim, and make a string handle for lifting the basin in and out of the pan.
10. Set the basin on a trivet in a large saucepan. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the basin. Steam for about 1 hour 30 minutes, topping up regularly with boiling water.
11. Lift the basin from the pan and remove the covering. Take a serving dish large enough to hold a lake of sauce as well as the pudding. Place the dish upside down over the basin. Holding the dish and the basin tightly together, quickly invert. Give the basin a shake and turn out the pudding.