On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Secret Meat Business - English
- 20:30 - Secret Meat Business - Malaysian
- 21:00 - Secret Meat Business - Italian
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Gioconda Scott's simple salad combines freshly-cooked king prawns with salad vegetables to make a delicious dish
Method1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the king prawns and cook until they turn pink and curl up.
2. Drain the king prawns, plunge at once into a large bowl of iced water and set aside to cool. Peel the cooled prawns.
3. Toss together the peeled prawns, tomato, green pepper and onion.
4. Dry-fry the cumin seeds in a small, heavy-based frying pan stirring often until slightly browned.
5. Sprinkle the dry-fried cumin seeds over the king prawn salad.
6. Mix together the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Toss the prawn salad with the olive oil dressing. Serve.