On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - The Heart of England
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - British Waterways
- 22:00 - River Cottage Veg - Summer Pleasures
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 10 mins soaking
- Cook time:
- 10 min
A rich flavourful balsamic vinegar sauce sets off venison to perfection in Mike Robinson's quick and simple recipe
Method1. Rub the venison with the oil.
2. Heat a heavy-based frying pan. Add the venison and fry for 1 minute on each side.
3. Add 15g of butter, drained porcini, shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
4. Add the red wine and balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring to deglaze the pan.
5. Once the venison is cooked to taste remove it and keep warm. Add the remaining butter to the red wine sauce and cook briskly until reduced by half.
6. Pour the hot wine sauce over the venison and serve at once.