On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- Makes about 1kg stuffing
Add a Scottish flavour to your Christmas turkey with Alan Coxon's flavourful haggis, apricot and whisky stuffing
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250 g chestnut purée
- 225 g rashers of smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 225 g dried apricots, chopped
- 55 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 haggis, cut open, stuffing scooped out, skin discarded
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp whiskey
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
2. Add the diced onion and fry gently for 5 minutes, until softened. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, set the apricots to soak in the whisky.
4. Mix together the cooled onion, soaked apricots plus the whisky, chestnut purée, bacon, breadcrumbs, sage, sugar, yolks, haggis stuffing, paprika and apple, mixing well.
5. Stuff your turkey in the usual way, or bake the mixture in a large, greased baking dish or tin for 30-45 minutes.