On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Sydney Part II
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Finals - MasterChef
- 22:00 - The View from River Cottage - The Wild Harvest
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Makes 650g
Antony Worrall Thompson's fragrant and lightly spiced butter is made in the same fashion whether you choose rum or brandy
Method1. Cream the butter until soft, white and fluffy, then add the sugar, beating continuously.
2. Mix in the lemon and orange zest, lemon juice and spices.
3. Continue beating and add the alcohol drop by drop.
4. Transfer to a plastic box and chill until ready for use. Remove from the refrigerator 2 hours before serving and, once softened, fluff up with a fork.