On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 4
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 5
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 6
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- Makes 12 approximately
Try these quick and easy mince pies by Antony Worrall Thompson - you can throw them together in a flash if friends or family are dropping by unexpectedly
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
2. Cut circles from the puff pastry using a round pastry cutter or glass. Line a small non-stick tart tin with the puff pastry bases. Place a spoonful of mincemeat into each one, being careful not to overfill, as the suet will melt and bubble out of the pastry.
3. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg white. Carefully place the pastry lids over the top, pinching the two edges together. Make a small cross with a knife in the centre of each pie. Brush the top of the pie with egg white, sprinkle over a little caster sugar.
4. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden. Remove from the oven, allow to sit in the tart tin for a minute or so, then remove the pies on to a wire rack. Serve on their own or with brandy/rum butter, or even clotted cream.
For more festive inspiration, take a look at our Christmas recipe collection
- 500g packet ready-to-roll puff pastry
- 400g jar luxury mincemeat
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 115 g golden caster sugar