On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Sydney Part II
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Finals - MasterChef
- 22:00 - The View from River Cottage - The Wild Harvest
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus chilling
A restorative hit of Tamasin Day Lewis's Bloody Mary is guaranteed to get you going after a night of indulgence
Method1. Put all the ingredients, except the vodka, in a food processor. Whizz to a purée for 1-2 minutes.
2. Push as much of the purée as possible through a sieve, pushing down hard with the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Pour into a jug, adjust the seasoning, then chill.
4. Add to the jug as much vodka as you need for a suitably restorative hit.
5. Stir well, then pour into glasses.
- 1.2 kg ripe or overripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery
- small bunch of fresh coriander, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- sprigs of thyme, flat-leafed parsley and rosemary, stems removed
- 1 tsp freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tsp grated onions
- juice of 2 lemons
- pinch of sugar
- few drops of tabasco
- few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- chilled vodka