On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
From Tamasin Day Lewis, a creamy, mildly spiced bread sauce - the classic accompaniment to roast chicken
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Put the onion in a saucepan with the milk. Add the nutmeg, bay leaf, pepper, cloves and enough fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs to not quite absorb the milk at first.
2. Bring very slowly to simmering point, then stir and simmer for 45 minutes adding more nutmeg and milk if needed.
3. If you like, add the cream at the end.
4. Remove the bay leaf and the cloves if you can find them.
5. Season to taste and serve hot.