On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - New York
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 3
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 12
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus standing
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- Makes 8 pancakes
A basic pancake recipe is all you need to whip up a treat - now just pick your topping!
Method1. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs and beat with a whisk or fork. Gradually beat in the milk, drawing in the flour from around the edge, until you have a smooth batter.
2. Cover and leave to stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a little oil in a 18cm heavy-based frying pan, tilting the pan to spread the oil evenly.
4. Pour in just enough batter to thinly coat the base of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden on the under side. Flip over, and cook the other side until golden.
5. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
6. Repeat with the remaining batter to make eight pancakes.