On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
- Makes about 300ml
From Tamasin Day Lewis, a classic velvety-smooth white sauce, deliciously fragrant with nutmeg
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Scald the milk by bringing it just to the boil.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add the milk, whisking constantly, until absolutely smooth.
4. Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring all the time, until thickened.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer very gently for 15-20 minutes, stirring now and then.
6. Whisk in the nutmeg and seasoning.