On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- 2 boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 2 blocks dried egg noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions, and drained
- 1 carrot, sliced into long matchsticks
- handful of bean sprouts
- large handful of mangetout, sliced lengthways
- large handful of fresh coriander, stalks removed, leaves chopped
- large handful of mint, stalks removed, leaves chopped
For the marinade:
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 limes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish. Add the chicken, turning until well coated. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
2. Preheat a ridged stove-top griddle. Place the chicken on the griddle, and grill for 7 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. While the chicken is cooking, make the dressing. Combine the zest and juice of the lemons and limes in a saucepan. Add the garlic and ginger. Simmer over medium-high heat for a few minutes until reduced and syrupy. Once reduced, stir in the honey and olive oil, Simmer until the mixture reaches a consistency similar to lemon curd.
4. Slice the chicken into thin strips and place in a large bowl. Add the noodles, carrot, bean sprouts and mangetout. Add the herbs and toss gently to mix. Pour over dressing and serve.