On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Posh Nosh
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Street Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Finale
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Discover just how well black pudding and apple go together with Ross Burden's quick and easy salad recipe
Method1. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot. Add the black pudding and bacon and fry until cooked through, stirring now and then. Remove the fried black pudding and bacon and keep warm.
2. Slice the apple into segments and add to the frying pan the black pudding was cooked in. Fry the apple for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small saucepan, briskly cook the apple juice until reduced and thickened to a syrup.
4. Add the cider vinegar and olive oil and bring to the boil, stirring with a wooden spoon to de-glaze the pan.
5. Remove the dressing from the heat. Add the mustard and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, whisking together thoroughly.
6. Toss together the endive, frisee, black pudding, bacon and fried apple.
7. Toss with the apple juice dressing and serve at once.
- 150 g black pudding, cut into slices
- 100 g wild boar bacon or pancetta
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 head of red endive or chicory, roughly torn
- 1 frisée, roughly torn
For the Dressing: