On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Fantastically quick and easy, Mike Robinson's tom yum-style soup makes a great starter to a Southeast Asian meal
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a large saucepan bring 1 litre of water to the boil. Stir in 2 tablespoons of tom yum paste until dissolved. Add 2 tablespoons of shredded ginger, the chilli and the lemon grass. Simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat.
2. Meanwhile, bring a separate large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the noodles and cook until tender, around 2-3 minutes. Drain the noodles and place them in a deep serving bowl.
3. Meanwhile, fill the bottom half of a steamer with boiling water. Add the coriander stalks, the remaining ginger and a lime leaf. Place the prawns and scallops in the top half of the steamer and steam them for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
4. Pour the tom yum soup over the noodles. Add the steamed prawns and scallops and drizzle over the lime juice. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and serve.