On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Secret Meat Business - English
- 20:30 - Secret Meat Business - Malaysian
- 21:00 - Secret Meat Business - Italian
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus overnight marinating
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Enjoy home-cooked Tandoori chicken with Reza Mahammad's wonderfully simple but seriously tasty recipe for this popular Indian dish
Method1. Using a sharp knife, slice 3-4 slashes across each of the chicken breasts.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken breasts, garlic paste, ginger paste, garam masala, lemon juice, salt and saffron, making sure the mixture penetrates the slashes in the chicken breasts. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Add the yogurt to the marinated chicken, mixing thoroughly. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 230°C/Gas 8.
5. Place the marinated chicken breasts on a rack in a roasting tray. Roast the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning over halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve.