On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs
Try Elisabeth Luard's gloriously flavourful South American shepherd's pie - warming comfort food at its best.
Method1. First prepare the pino. Put the lamb, onions, garlic and oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add a ladleful of water, partly cover with a lid and cook gently over a low heat for 1 hour until the meat is tender.
2. Add the paprika, cumin, oregano and pumpkin and cook for another 30 minutes, adding more water if the mixture looks as if it is drying out. Increase the heat and cook briskly, stirring, until the liquid reduces and thickens.
3. Stir in the raisins and olives and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Meanwhile puree the corn with the milk in a jug blender or food processor. Pour the corn mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, around 5 minutes.
5. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool slightly. Stir in the beaten and season lightly with salt.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Spread the pino in an earthenware gratin dish, top with the hardboiled eggs and finish with the sweetcorn puree, then a dusting of icing sugar and chilli-flakes.
6. Bake for half an hour, until brown and bubbling. For an even more caramelised topping, grill briefly under a preheated grill. Serve at once
For the pino:
- 700 g finely chopped lamb or kid
- 900 g onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, or butter
- 2 tbsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 300 g diced pumpkin
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 12 pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered lengthways
- icing sugar
- dried red chilli flakes
For the topping: