On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min, - 1 hour 5 minutes
- 6 jars
Frances Atkins's easy-to-make chutney is a delicious accompaniment to roast lamb, pork pies or cheese and biscuits
Method1. Put the rhubarb and raisins in a preserving pan. Add 600ml of the vinegar. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes until soft and thoroughly cooked.
2. Put the sugar in a non-reactive saucepan and pour over the remaining vinegar. Place over gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
3. When the fruits are cooked, add the sugar, ginger, vinegar solution, chopped orange rind, orange juice and mace. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-50 minutes, until thickened to the desired consistency.
4. Spoon into clean warm jars.