On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off Masterclass - Great British Bake Off: The Masterclass
- 22:00 - The Great British Bake Off Masterclass - Great British Bake Off: The Masterclass
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Sea-food lovers will enjoy Alex Mackay's rich and sophisticated sea bass dish, ideal for elegant entertaining.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5.
2. First make the beurre blanc. In a small, heavy-based saucepan bring the white wine, white wine vinegar and shallot to the boil. Cook briskly uncovered until reduced to around 2 tablespoons of liquid.
3. Whisk in the whipping cream. Stirring constantly, add the butter a few pieces at a time. Take care not to let the sauce boil.
4. Season the thickened sauce with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss the potatoes in the beurre blanc, set aside and keep warm.
5. Heat the sunflower oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Fry the sea bass fillets for 2 minutes. Add 40g of butter and fry for a further 2 minutes over a medium heat, taking care not to let the butter burn. Season the bass with salt and freshly ground pepper
6. Transfer the sea bass to a baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, place the leeks and 30g butter in a shallow pan. Add just enough water to come halfway up the leeks.
8. Cook the leeks briskly until there is no liquid remaining in the pan. Keep warm.
9. Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan. Fry the girolles for 2-3 minutes, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and keep warm.
10. Divide the leeks among 4 warm serving plates. Top with the bass fillets.
11. Add the chives and fried girolles to the potatoes in beurre blanc and spoon over the sea bass. Serve at once, followed by the butter.
- 20 small new potatoes, boiled or steamed and halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 sea bass, each 175g, skinned
- 80 g unsalted butter
- black pepper
- 4 medium leeks, sliced
- 250 g very small girolles
For the Chive Beurre Blanc: