On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Classic Twists
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 2
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
The humble crumble is given an exotic, tropical twist in Jacqueline Cook's simple but delicious recipe for this classic dessert
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. In a small, covered, heavy-based saucepan cook the apple, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water for 10-15 minutes until the apple is softened. Set aside to cool.
2. Make the crumble topping. Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the caster sugar.
3. Peel and chop the bananas. Peel the mango, discarding large central stone, and cut the flesh into small chunks.
4. Mix together the stewed apple, banana and mango and layer in an ovenproof serving dish. Spread the crumble topping over the fruit.
5. Bake the crumble for 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm from the oven with ice cream.