Apple, mango and banana crumble
From: Just For Starters
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
The humble crumble is given an exotic, tropical twist in Jacqueline Cook's simple but delicious recipe for this classic dessert
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. In a small, covered, heavy-based saucepan cook the apple, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water for 10-15 minutes until the apple is softened. Set aside to cool.
2. Make the crumble topping. Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the caster sugar.
3. Peel and chop the bananas. Peel the mango, discarding large central stone, and cut the flesh into small chunks.
4. Mix together the stewed apple, banana and mango and layer in an ovenproof serving dish. Spread the crumble topping over the fruit.
5. Bake the crumble for 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm from the oven with ice cream.