On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Arizona
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Boston
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Massachusetts
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 30 marinating
- Cook time:
- 15 min
For a taste of Southeast Asia, try Simon Rimmer's fragrant monkfish curry, served with jasmine rice
Method1. Place the monkfish in a bowl. Toss with the lime juice, salt and sugar. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes
2. Meanwhile, make the spice paste. Put all the paste ingredients in a food processor. Blend to a smooth paste.
3. Heat a wok and add the vegetable oil. Fry the spice paste over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, taking care not to let it burn.
4. Add the coconut cream a little at a time, mixing well until absorbed.
5. Add the marinated monkfish, toasted coconut and a little of the coconut milk. Cook over a medium heat until the fish is cooked.
6. Remove the monkfish and set aside to keep warm. Add the remaining coconut milk. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has reduced by half.
7. To serve, spoon the sauce over the monkfish, sprinkle over the chopped coriander and serve with the jasmine rice.
- 2 x monkfish fillets, each 225g
- juice 2 limes
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150 g coconut cream, (in block form)
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 50 g desiccated coconut, toasted
- cooked jasmine rice, to serve
- chopped coriander, to serve
For the spice paste: