Passionfruit and muscat syllabub with lemon ice cream and viennese biscuits
From: Good Food Live
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 35 min, plus 1 hr freezing
- Cook time:
- 20 min
British and Eastern European influences are brought together to great effect in this gorgeous dessert from Carolyn Waldegrave
- 8 ripe passion fruit
- 250 ml mascarpone
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp Muscat dessert wine
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- juice of 1 lemons
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 good quality jar of lemon curd
- 570 ml double cream
For the Biscuits:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. To make the Syllabub, cut the passionfruits in half. Scoop out and set aside the seeds and juice.
2. Mix together the Mascarpone, crème fraiche and Muscat. Sift in the icing sugar. Season to taste with the lemon juice. Fold in the passionfruit seeds and juice, reserving a few seeds for decoration.
3. Pour the mixture into stem glasses and decorate with the reserved seeds. Chill well before serving.
4. For the ice cream, mix together the lemon curd and double cream, tip into a plastic freezer container and freeze.
5. For the biscuits, grease three baking sheets. Beat the butter until soft, add sifted icing sugar and beat again until light and fluffy.
6. Add sifted flour, baking powder and vanilla essence, using your hands to work to a paste.
7. Pipe or shape into 24 biscuits and bake for 15 minutes in an oven heated to 190°C/gas 5. Leave to cool, and serve with the ice cream and syllabub.