On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Pies
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Sweet Marsala wine makes a tasty, tipsy sauce for this simple chicken dish
Method1. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthways. Season the flour with salt and freshly ground pepper and coat the chicken pieces with it.
2. Heat the olive oil in a casserole and fry the chicken until browned on all sides, around 10 minutes. Add the shallots and fry for 5 minutes more.
3. Add the chicken stock, Marsala, vinegar, oregano and bay leaves. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat so that the sauce is simmering. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, steam the carrot, mangetout and broccoli until tender.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a warm serving plate. Increase the heat under the pan and boil the sauce briskly until reduced and thickened.
6. Serve the chicken with the steamed vegetables and the Marsala sauce.