On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - The Heart of England
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - British Waterways
- 22:00 - River Cottage Veg - Summer Pleasures
- Prep time:
- 35 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Devised by Paul Heathcote, this is a great recipe for an elegant summer dinner party
Method1. First make the tomato sauce. Gently fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil for about 2 minutes until softened. Add the tomatoes and herbs and cook over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes until thick. Remove the herb bundle. Push the sauce through a coarse sieve or mouli. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
2. Preheat the grill to hot. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
3. Meanwhile, remove the pin bones from the trout fillets with tweezers. Place on a non-stick grill tray, skin side up. Sprinkle with a dash olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Plunge the asparagus and broad beans into the saucepan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil and boil for 2-3 minutes until just tender-crisp. Drain and set aside.
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the shallot and lettuce, and gently cook until wilted. Add the cream and peas, and cook until thick and creamy. Stir in the asparagus and broad beans. Add the mint and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Grill the trout under a hot grill for 2 minutes. Discard the skin. Squeeze over the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
7. To serve, place a good spoonful of the summer vegetables in the centre of warmed serving plates. Place the trout on top and drizzle the tomato sauce round the edge.
- 4 trout fillets
- olive oil
- 50 g tips of asparagus
- 50 g shelled broad beans, tough outer skin removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 6 leaves of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 100 ml double cream
- 50 g shelled peas
- 3 mint leaves, shredded
- squeeze of lemon juice
- black pepper
For the tomato sauce: