On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 2-3 hrs or overnight marinating
- Cook time:
- 30 min
A spicy marinade gives a real depth of flavour to Antony Worrall Thompson's truly tasty lamb dish, great for barbecues
For the marinade:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the lamb in a non-aluminium container. Combine all the marinade ingredients and rub over the lamb.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate or allow to stand for 2 to 3 hours at room temperature.
3. Bring the lamb to room temperature, if refrigerated. Remove the lamb from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and sprinkle the lamb with salt.
4. Heat a barbecue to cooking point or heat a griddle until very hot.
5. Cook the lamb on the barbecue or griddle for 12-15 minutes on each side, basting often with reserved marinade. Serve at once.