On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Sophie Grigson's simple, tasty robust cabbage and potato soup is a classic Portuguese dish, well worth trying.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan with the garlic, onion, salt and pepper and enough water to cover generously. Simmer until tender.
2. Pass through the fine blade of a mouli-legume, or mash into a smooth puree. Add a little more water if necessary to thin to a soupy consistency. Return to the pan and adjust the seasoning, adding plenty of pepper.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, cut any tough stalks from the kale, then roll up the leaves and shred very thinly, into threads rather than ribbons.
4. Bring the soup back to the boil. Stir in the kale and chorizo and simmer for 5 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls, pour a drizzle of olive oil over each one and serve.