On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Pies
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Sophie Grigson's simple, tasty robust cabbage and potato soup is a classic Portuguese dish, well worth trying.
Method1. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan with the garlic, onion, salt and pepper and enough water to cover generously. Simmer until tender.
2. Pass through the fine blade of a mouli-legume, or mash into a smooth puree. Add a little more water if necessary to thin to a soupy consistency. Return to the pan and adjust the seasoning, adding plenty of pepper.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, cut any tough stalks from the kale, then roll up the leaves and shred very thinly, into threads rather than ribbons.
4. Bring the soup back to the boil. Stir in the kale and chorizo and simmer for 5 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls, pour a drizzle of olive oil over each one and serve.