On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Luxury Lunches
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus cooling, chilling and freezing
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Chocaholics will love Ross Burden's stylish dessert - rich chocolate tart served with an elegant sorbet
Method1. First make the chocolate sorbet. Boil together the water and caster sugar until the sugar has dissolved making a syrup. Stir in the cocoa powder and boil, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in the whisky.
2. Cool then chill the cocoa syrup then freeze in an ice cream maker, following manufacturer's instructions. Freeze until required.
3. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
4. Heat the double cream and milk together in a heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour the hot cream over the beaten egg and mix together thoroughly.
5. Mix the melted chocolate into the cream mixture.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the part-baked pastry case, Bake for 30 minutes, until the centre of the chocolate tart barely wobbles.
7. Serve the chocolate tart warm or cold with raspberries and the chocolate sorbet.
- 500 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken into squares
- 360 ml double cream
- 200 ml full-fat milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 21 cm pastry tart cases, baked blind
- raspberries, to serve
- 750 ml water
- 400 g golden caster sugar
- 150 g cocoa powder
- 100 ml Laphroaig whisky