On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
For a delicious taste of Thailand try Antony Worrall Thompson's fragrant curry, flavoured with authentic Thai herbs
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1-2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, mashed to a paste with a little salt
- 2 lime leaves, shredded
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 12 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2-3 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 225 g raw tiger prawns, de-veined
- 225 g Thai pea aubergine
- 4 tbsp basil
- 25 ml fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- boiled rice, to serve
- sprigs coriander, to garnish
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Peel the tough outer coating from the lemon grass stalk. Finely chop the white, bulbous part of each stalk, discarding the rest. In a casserole dish fry the green curry paste in vegetable oil over a high heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic, lemon grass, lime leaves and half the coconut milk and cook, stirring often, until the sauce starts to split, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in fresh coriander, chicken and chilli and simmer for 15 minutes. Add remaining coconut milk and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add prawns and pea aubergines and cook for further 2 minutes or until the prawns have turned a pink colour.
3. Just before serving fold in the basil leaves, fish sauce and lime juice. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve with rice.