On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Pungent paprika-flavoured sausages and crunchy bell peppers add oomph to a comforting Spanish-style dish of creamy white beans. From Jenni Muir
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Put a kettle of water on to boil.
2. In a heavy-based pot or large saucepan, place the whole chorizo over a low heat and cook slowly until the sausage releases some of its fat. Then raise the heat and little and fry until brown and cooked through.
3. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
4. Add the chopped vegetables to the pan and cook over a moderate heat, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes.
5. Rinse and drain the beans, then add them to the pan along with 300ml of hot water from the kettle and some salt and pepper.
6. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the stew is thick. Add some more water if you like.
7. Slice the chorizo. Adjust the seasoning of the stew to taste and serve garnished with the sausage.