Baked camembert in a box
By: From: James Martin Delicious
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
Click on the arrows to view more photos
Submitted by: natty2b
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
James Martin's simple way of serving this classic French cheese makes a rich and delicious starter
Inspired? Try more of our top 10 dinner party starters
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- For a healthier dish, you could also serve the melted camembert with vegetable crudites, and fruit such as grapes and sliced apples.
If you really want to impress, make your own bread for dipping.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Unwrap the cheese and carefully slice the rind off the top of the cheese. Return the cheese to its box, cut-side up, and place the box on a baking sheet.
3. Season the camembert with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is browned on top and melted inside. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with bread such as ciabatta or baguettes.