On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Bread
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Spices and Chillies
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
Submitted by: natty2b
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
James Martin's simple way of serving this classic French cheese makes a rich and delicious starter
Inspired? Try more of our top 10 dinner party starters
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Unwrap the cheese and carefully slice the rind off the top of the cheese. Return the cheese to its box, cut-side up, and place the box on a baking sheet.
3. Season the camembert with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is browned on top and melted inside. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with bread such as ciabatta or baguettes.
Tips and suggestions
- For a healthier dish, you could also serve the melted camembert with vegetable crudites, and fruit such as grapes and sliced apples.
If you really want to impress, make your own bread for dipping.