On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Sweet succulent figs combine with salty blue cheese and Parma ham to make this appetising starter from James Martin
Method1. Cut the figs almost in half from top to bottom but leaving the halves attached at the base. Open out the 2 halves.
2. Cut the blue cheese into 8 cubes and place a cube between the fig halves. Close up the fig halves.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Lay the Parma ham slices flat on a board. Place one stuffed fig on each slice and roll up. Place on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the oil.
4. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the figs and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the Parma ham crisps up and before the cheese starts to ooze out of the figs. Serve immediately, with any pan juices spooned over and sprinkled with chopped mint and freshly ground black pepper.