On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - The Club, Foo, Tundra & Inn Pub
Method1. Start the salsa. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and gently fry for about 5 minutes until translucent. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool down a little.
2. While the onions are cooling, prepare the herb crust. Put the drained sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and garlic in a food processor and blitz. Add the breadcrumbs and keep the machine going until the breadcrumbs become completely green. Add a touch of olive oil, then scrape the mixture into a bowl.
3. Finish the salsa by adding the capers and tomatoes to the warm onions. Stir in the parsley and season to taste.
4. Preheat a stovetop griddle pan.
5. Season the mackerel fillets on both sides and coat them with the breadcrumb mixture.
6. Place on the griddle, skin side down and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Do not turn until the fillets are cooked halfway through.
7. Season the salad with salt, pepper and olive oil.
8. Place some onion salsa on one side of each serving plate. Arrange the mackerel fillets on top. Serve with the salad.
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 30 g parsley, trimmed and chopped
- 30 g basil, trimmed and shredded
- 30 g sage, trimmed and chopped
- 30 g rosemary, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 100 g toasted breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 8 mackerel fillets
- 3 mixed salad leaves, good handfuls
- black pepper
For the onion salsa:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 white onions, cut into 1cm cubes
- 100 g capers, drained
- 70 g tomatoes
- 20 flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- black pepper