Chargrilled mackerel fillets with a herb crust
By: From: Giorgio Locatelli Pure Italian
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 45 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
From Giorgio Locatelli, mackerel fillets in a vibrant green herb crust, with a zesty onion, caper and tomato salsa
Tips and suggestions
- Eat with...
- Mackerel salad with saffron
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 30 g parsley, trimmed and chopped
- 30 g basil, trimmed and shredded
- 30 g sage, trimmed and chopped
- 30 g rosemary, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 100 g toasted breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 8 mackerel fillets
- 3 mixed salad leaves, good handfuls
- black pepper
For the onion salsa:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Start the salsa. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and gently fry for about 5 minutes until translucent. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool down a little.
2. While the onions are cooling, prepare the herb crust. Put the drained sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and garlic in a food processor and blitz. Add the breadcrumbs and keep the machine going until the breadcrumbs become completely green. Add a touch of olive oil, then scrape the mixture into a bowl.
3. Finish the salsa by adding the capers and tomatoes to the warm onions. Stir in the parsley and season to taste.
4. Preheat a stovetop griddle pan.
5. Season the mackerel fillets on both sides and coat them with the breadcrumb mixture.
6. Place on the griddle, skin side down and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Do not turn until the fillets are cooked halfway through.
7. Season the salad with salt, pepper and olive oil.
8. Place some onion salsa on one side of each serving plate. Arrange the mackerel fillets on top. Serve with the salad.